I’m a year older today, Skype & Facebook has exploded with birthday wishes (many thanks by the way!).
Someone asked if I would be “taking it easy” and another asked if I would be “taking the day off”.
As a fellow entrepreneur & business owner like yourself, I feel compelled to clearly state:
Am I hell.
I got up an hour earlier to make more of a difference ( so that was 04:30 instead of 05:30 ).
In everything I personally do I aim to work and deliver 10 times more than anyone else, I do my utmost to lead by example and that includes on birthdays.
If you’re wondering what I’m up to, here are a couple of the things that I have done since September last year:
- The 3rd Generation of Multi Channel software was started in Sept 2013 over at UnderstandingE.com
- I’ve helped build the largest online community for Magento & M2EPro users
- Between myself & Dave we’ve recorded over 250 “Plain English” video tutorials in 9 video courses
- We held a webinar promoted by eBay which we were joined by over 500 business owners like yourself to show you how easy it is to sell on eBay using Magento. And I personally answered every single one of your questions ( over 200 of them! )
- Published over 100 blog articles here
- Recorded 14 Podcasts which are available on iTunes & YouTube
- I’ve personally replied to over 2,600 questions from business owners like yourself in the forums and that’s not including the +1,500 comments made to the video tutorials.
- I’ve hired two full-time members of staff and hit profitability a long, long time ago
- I went on holiday for a week and while other people would people would read a book or 3, I wrote a book. This is being published on Tamebay right now, see here for part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and on Friday part 5 and the book will be published on Kindle shortly. Update you can now download it here.
- And you’ll see me presenting not just one talk, but two at this years eCommerce Expo in London
I know that this may sound insane, however for any business owner out there, go the extra mile.
It all counts, even on birthdays.