I’d have loved to have claimed this as my own, but thats rather naughty. Check this very useful guide out from Silverpop here.
The key point here is really do not wait to very last moment to turn on your email marketing campaign on, start it immediately!
The 10 points in their checklist are:
- Make subscribing as appealing and easy as riding a sled down a hill.
- Manage expectations with a holidaythemed welcome program that’s warmer
than a cup of mulled wine.
- Make informed frequency/cadence decisions that won’t freeze out overwhelmed shoppers.
- Get customer data together, check integrations and apply list hygiene—in other words, make your list and check it twice
- Test message templates and optimise so they’re prettier than a Christmas card.
- Create cart-abandonment and browse campaigns that provide quick reminders to distracted shoppers.
- Give recipients the gift of choice—offer an unsubscribe preference centre.
- Fine-tune your social-sharing initiatives— ‘tis the season to spread holiday cheer, after all.
- Optimise transactional emails to offer value beyond generic bah-humbug receipts.
- Create a post-purchase email strategy that keeps the holiday spirit going strong through 2011.
So when was the last time you contacted your customers and marketed your USP’s to them?
Don’t even know where to start? No time to even make a start? Know full well its on the to-do listing and it just never gets done?
Easy, contact me at the top of this page, we’ll have a chat and I’ll point you in the right direction (or push, or just plain do it for you) .