|_utma to _utmz||These are cookies used by Google Analytics’s|
|PHPSESSID||Used by this website for your browsing session|
|w3tc_referrer||Used for switching between the mobile and desktop versions of this website|
|popover_view_NNN||Used to track the times a pop up has been shown|
|bb2_screener_||This cookie is solely used for the security of the website and is not used for marketing purposes. The cookie, which expires at the end of your browser session, records your IP address and the time of your most recent visit. It is used to determine whether a request comes from a spammer who is rotating through different IP addresses.|
|These cookies are required by WordPress. Cookies beginning with “comment_author_….” are only stored if you make a comment on the site. They store your name, email and website so you dont need to re-input each time you make a comment on the site.|
Third party cookies
We use outside advertising companies to display ads on LastDropofInk. These ads may deposit cookies on your computer which are collected by the ad company. We do not have access to the information stored in these cookies, but they may contain details such as your IP address, your ISP, which browser you are using, and whether you have technologies like Flash installed. This information can be used to tailor the ads (to only show Flash ads to people with Flash installed, for example) and for geo-targeting purposes (to show London-based ads to someone living London). You can chose to disable or selectively turn off these cookies in your browser settings.
Managing cookies in your browser
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website for these reasons.
The links below take you to the ‘Help’ sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies:
- Internet Explorer – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Firefox – http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Google Chrome – http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Opera – http://www.opera.com/browser/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari – http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/5.0/en/9277.html
- Safari iOS – http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Android – http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022
- Blackberry – http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32004/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
- Windows Phone – http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings.aspx
Managing cookies & links with thanks to ChannelAdvisor.com