Magento to eSellerPro Integration
Are you looking for ultimate control over your businesses web presence with Magento and want to use eSellerPro for all the back-office functions?
A fully customisable web-connector is now available for Magento community & Enterprise versions using eSellerPro for all back office tasks.
The “connector” acts a remote control for your Magento website from eSellerPro, products are created and updated, stock & pricing is controlled by the channel profile, orders are delivered back to eSellerPro and customers are kept informed as orders are updated back on your Magento site.
“The goal of the connector is that you just hit one button in eSellerPro to create or update products in your Magento store, so that it’s just as easy to list on to your website, as it is eBay”
Simple and configurable products are supported (that’s variations if you’ve not heard of that term before) and you can manage all inventory data from within eSellerPro, that’s images, descriptions, attributes, categories and so on… and then mapped to the right fields within Magento. New products take 2-3 seconds to be created, so the connector is fast and if you add in new customfields in eSellerPro, then these are automatically created in your Magento site and populated accordingly.
Almost all extensions are supported from SagePay to image galleries, if you have featured product extensions that allow you to show products on the homepage or in other featured areas, these can be controlled easily in eSellerPro using tick box options to turn products on or off in these sections. And if you need tiered or grouped pricing, then this is also supported too.
Orders are collected every 5 minutes and are brought down from your Magento site and sent to eSellerPro with every single piece of information that your team needs to be able to process orders quickly & efficiently, just like any of order that comes into your eSellerPro account. Then once your orders have been marked as despatched, Magento is updated with the tracking information, making it a seamless experience for your customers.
Because the integration sits between eSellerPro and Magento, if the data is available, anything is possible.
Press play on the video below to be taken through a high level overview of the Magento to eSellerPro connector.
- Ultra fast loader for creating new & updating existing inventory
- Automatic stock & price updates
- New orders delivered into eSellerPro
- Orders updated in Magento when marked as shipped or cancelled in eSellerPro
- Support for multiple Magento stores
- Configurable products supported
- Attributes dynamically created on-the-fly
- Automatic re-indexing or assistance setting up a indexing schedule
- SEO friendly features included
Full Feature List
Because each connector is tailored to your exact requirements this list is not exhaustive. Custom requirements can be accounted for in your connector between eSellerPro & your Magento store(s).
Multiple stores & views are supported in the connector and if you have multiple installations, those are supported too.
- Multiple stores & views
- More than the eSellerPro cap of 10 web-stores supported
- Multiple languages support
- Auto translate available for descriptions
(requires a $20 subscription to Google for 1M characters)
You have full control over the way product data is shown & displayed can be done in both eSellerPro and in Magento, which ever is more suitable. Logic testing & alternations can be performed by the connector if required.
- Uses existing functionality in eSellerPro & Magento
- Customised options can be added
- SEO Friendly URL’s created dynamically
- Product tags support
- Media gallery support
- SEO friendly names for image tags
- Meta descriptions and meta keywords automatically created
- Images can be dynamically renamed
- Related items supported
- Cross-sell & Upsell items supported
- Google Base & all other custom values supported
Attributes & Custom Fields
In Magento custom fields are known as “Attributes” and these can be added into attribute sets in Magento to be hidden or shown as desired.
Attributes can also be used to show or hide sections dynamically depending on the theme being used. For example video content on a product page.
- Custom fields that don’t yet exist as attributes in Magento can be automatically created
- Custom fields with sensitive data in (such as pricing) can be blocked from being loaded to Magento
- Full control over which attributes are shown in which attribute sets
The following product types are supported in the Magento connector.
(These are used for variation & multi variations products)
“Bundles” & “Grouped” products are not supported as you can already create and manage these in eSellerPro. For configurable products, these can be of a maximum of five different sets of configurable options (can do more than 5 if required).
Two prices are available by default from eSellerPro, the item sell price and then sale price. However through the use custom fields, absolute control over product pricing can be obtained to allow group and tiered pricing options in Magento.
- Price & sale price support
- Pricing can be worked out by the Channel Profile or by the connector, using any field that is available, including custom fields for ultimate control over pricing
- Tiered pricing support (for quantity or price breaks)
- Group pricing support (for customer groups, such as trade or wholesale)
Stock & Price Updates
- Stock & price updates processed automatically
- Pre-processing rules for stock levels, store visibility & prices can be applied
With the stock & price updates, there are now two ways in which these can be updated, a quick way that works with stores with less than 70,00 products and a custom method for handling stores with +70,000 products.
Categories can be created on-the-fly allowing you to control the categorisation of your products back in eSellerPro using product categories in the maintenance section.
- Use existing functionality in eSellerPro
(this means you keep all process in eSellerPro allowing you to easily update your products)
- Categories created automatically
- Products entered into all category levels (the default) or just in to the last category in the category path.
Order Collection & Updates
Orders are collected at timed intervals and delivered into your eSellerPro account, so that your website orders are processed just like all your other orders.
- Orders collected at timed intervals (normally every 15 minutes)
- Pre-processing rules can be applied order values to make matching up & processing orders easier in eSellerPro
- Can collect orders from Magento stores without full inventory & stock integration
- When you mark an order as despatched in eSellerPro, it’s updated in Magento
- Courier information included in order shipment if available
- Extra payment information is included in the order details in eSellerPro
All software has bugs or “unexpected features” as I like to call them, its how you handle these events which is absolutely key.
The connector between Magento & eSellerPro was built with error trapping and logging functions from the start. Every update is logged to a dashboard that can be used to keep track of all updates made by the connector and critical errors such as order collection failures are emailed directly to named contacts, so that not only myself are aware of an issue, you are too. It’s going to happen and transparency is paramount.
Compatible Magento Versions
The connector has been tested with community versions 220.127.116.11 and 1.5.1, however it is also compatible with the following Magento Community & Enterprise versions:
- 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3
Would You Like to Know More?
The connector can be customised to your businesses requirements & pricing depends upon the level of customisation required. Use the contact form below to ask any questions you may have and I’ll be in touch shortly.